Monday, 3 February 2014

Stunning (Pretty Little Liars #11) by Sara Shepard


Stunning (Pretty Little Liars, #11)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Now a hit ABC Family TV show, Sara Shepard’s #1 New York Times bestselling Pretty Little Liars series continues with Stunning.

In the eleventh novel, A is still out there, lurking in the shadows and digging up the liars’ latest secrets...

Emily’s reconnecting with an old flame, one baby step at a time. But is she headed toward true love or another bundle of heartache? Spencer’s learning about the highs and lows of campus life on a trip to Princeton. Aria’s seeing a whole new side to Noel’s dad—and it could drive a wedge between her and Noel. And, for better or worse, Hanna’s getting in touch with her inner A.

Secret by secret, lie by lie, the girls get tangled in A’s dangerous web. Soon A will have enough ammunition to pull the trigger and end the pretty little liars, once and for all….


Stunning by Sara Shepard

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Stunning (Pretty Little Liars, #11)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Ali, Chelsea, Tabitha, Mona and who knows who else are dead, but the pretty little liars are still getting threats from A., and Emily is worried about the safety of her baby who she gave up for adoption.
Who is A. now? And is the baby really safe?


This was an okay story, but these books seem to be getting worse as they go along now. How many times can A. be reincarnated? And how many times will the girls happily accept that there is a new A.? It’s getting ridiculous.

After reading ‘Pretty Little Secrets’ I really hoped that this book would be good, but unfortunately it just didn’t live up to expectations. Initially I was surprised that it seemed Aria, Spencer, and Hanna all knew about Emily’s baby, as it wasn’t obvious in the last book that they knew about it at the time when she had the baby. We then found out a bit more about what had gone on with regards to Emily’s pregnancy and search for adoptive parents, but it all started to once again sound a bit far-fetched, and some of the decisions Emily made weren’t very clever.

The rest of the book was fairly dull. We had some lukewarm threats from A. in the form of text messages, but once again the girls were looking for someone new to label as A.. This storyline has just gone on way too long for me now though. The whole thing with Alison and A. has been done to death, and while we are getting other storylines now like Emily and the baby, they’re just not interesting enough to keep me entertained, and I’m now looking at my to-read pile, and thinking ‘4 more books, plus 2 still to be published. Ick.’ Which is not something I thought I would say about this series after reading the first few books.

The ending was okay, and there were a couple of twists along the way, but for me this is just getting more and more far-fetched, and the Ali/A. storyline is just past old. If we don’t get something more interesting happening in the next book, I’m going to be really bored.
Overall; same old storyline, and pretty dull too.
6 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. I gotta hand it to you. I mean I definitely am not brave enough to pick up another Pretty Little Liar's Novel after the 10th book. I finally gave up. I did pick this one up but couldn't continue reading after some 20 or so pages. I do have the twelfth book which I won in a giveaway but haven't ventured into reading it !

    - Gayatri @ Notorious Writer

    ReplyDelete