Wednesday, 26 February 2014

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder


I Heart You, You Haunt Me
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Girl meets boy.
Girl loses boy.
Girl gets boy back...

..sort of.


Ava can't see him or touch him,
unless she's dreaming.
She can't hear his voice,
except for the faint whispers in her mind.
Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.

Jackson.
The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with.
He's back from the dead,
as proof that love truly knows no bounds.


I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I Heart You, You Haunt Me(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Ava’s boyfriend Jackson is dead, and Ava believes it was her fault.
When he comes back as a ghost, she thinks it’s wonderful, but then she decides it might not be.
Why is Jackson back? And is having a ghost for a boyfriend normal?


This was an okay story, but I didn’t like it as much as I expected.

Ava was an okay character, and she seemed fairly upset over Jackson’s death – moping around, not wanting to leave the house, crying; all pretty typical for someone grieving. I did think it a bit strange the way it took her so long to realise that having a ghost for a boyfriend was not normal – I mean really? And she did seem to change her mind about things extremely quickly.

The storyline in this was okay, but there wasn’t really all that much of a story there. The verse was very different, but meant that there was probably only a quarter of the words there would usually be to a page, so in reality this book was much shorter than the number of pages suggests. Because of this, this book was more like a short story, and while some parts dragged, other parts came really quickly.
There wasn’t a great deal of romance, because there wasn’t really a great deal of anything, and I found myself waiting for the end to come. Then when the end did come, everything was wrapped up so super quick that it was like 0-60 in a page and a half.
I do think this was a nice idea, but it just wasn’t developed enough for me. There was so little actually in there, that I felt a bit cheated really.
Overall; okay story, but not developed enough.
6.25 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment