Sunday, 9 February 2014

Fractured (Slated #2) by Teri Terry

Fractured (Slated, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
How do you know where to go when you don't remember where you came from?

Kyla's memory has been erased,
her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.

Or so she thought.

Kyla shouldn't be able to remember anything. But she can - and she's beginning to realise that there are a lot of dark secrets locked away in her memories. When a mysterious man from her past comes back into her life, she thinks she's on her way to finding the truth. But the more she learns about her history, the more confusing her future becomes...

Set in a disturbing future world, FRACTURED is an engrossing, fast-paced read that establishes Teri Terry as a master thriller writer.


Fractured by Teri Terry

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Fractured (Slated, #2)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Kyla is confused about everything, and knows only that she needs answers.
Who was Kyla before she was slated? Why was she slated? And can she ever regain her memories?


This story did have some interesting moments, and did move the story onwards a bit, but overall I found it quite confusing and dull.

I have to say that I found it quite hard to remember where book 1 left off in this series, and even with a recap I still had troubles; from reading my review for book 1 it seems that I felt confused in the first book though so that probably explains it.

Kyla (or whatever one of her dozen names she wants to use), was once again in the dark in this book, and the reader was once again right there alongside her. For the majority of this book I felt confused. So much for the book being called ‘fractured’, because to me that’s exactly how the story felt – fractured. The story was just jumpy, it was difficult to follow, and the whole thing felt shrouded in very thick fog. Things happened that made little or no sense, things happened that seemed to have no relevance to the rest of the story at all, and for most of the story I was just trying to work out what the hell was going on and coming up blank.

When we did get some clear moments, we did find out some interesting information with regards to ‘Kyla’ and her situation, but considering I only noted about 4 or 5 important things in this book, it felt really long at 432 pages.
As it is I think I’ve just got to face facts that this book might just not be for me, and maybe my brain just cannot fathom out the style in which this series is written. I would like to read the next book to find out how it all ends, but I really hope that the last one makes more sense to me than this one!
Overall; confusing, and a little dull.
6 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment