Monday, 10 February 2014

Fire (Graceling Realm #2) by Kristin Cashore


6250211
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Beautiful and brave, seventeen-year-old Fire is the only remaining human "monster" in the Dells. Her hair is the color of flame and she has a wild, irresistible appearance. She guards her power, the power to control minds, unwilling to steal the terrible secrets of innocent people, because she has so many of her own secrets that she can't afford to give away. When Prince Brigan arrives to take her to King City, Fire realizes there's more to her power than she ever dreamed. Her power could save the kingdom. If only she weren't afraid of becoming the monster her father was.

Fire by Kristin Cashore

My rating: 1.5 of 5 stars


Fire (Graceling, #2)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Graceling Realm’ series.
Fire is a human monster, and hides herself so that people don’t immediately know her secret. Fire is able to talk to people telepathically though, and also convince them to do what she asks.


I really liked Graceling, but this was just dull, dull, dull.

Fire wasn’t a patch on Katsa. She wasn’t kick-ass, she hid from people all the time, and she just bored me. I thought we might at least get some action seeing as how she was carrying a bow and arrows at the start, but alas, it wasn’t to be.

I can’t even tell you what the storyline was about. You know how sometimes if you’re reading something that doesn’t interest you, you can get to the end of a page and have absolutely no idea what you have just read? Well that was what this book was like for me, so freaking dull that my brain just could not concentrate on it at all.
From what my brain could take in, I didn’t like the animal cruelty, and I didn’t like the death of a main character. I was also a little unsure of Fire and Archer’s relationship, which I hadn’t realised was quite so personal.
The ending was alright, but also quite sad.
Overall; didn’t like this one, it just didn’t interest me at all.
3 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment