Saturday, 11 January 2014

Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver



Requiem (Delirium, #3)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Battling against a society in which love has been declared a disease, Lena now finds herself at the centre of a fierce revolution. But the Wilds are no longer the haven they once were as the government seeks to stamp out the rebels. And Lena's emotions are in turmoil following the dramatic return of someone she thought was lost forever...

Told from the alternating viewpoints of Lena and her best friend Hana, Requiem brings the Delirium trilogy to an exhilarating end and showcases Lauren Oliver at the height of her writing powers - emotionally powerful and utterly enthralling.


Requiem by Lauren Oliver

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Requiem (Delirium, #3)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 3 in the ‘Delirium’ series.
Lena is still living in the wilds, and now she must deal with the fall-out of her love triangle with Julian and Alex.
Hana is about to marry Fred, but begins to worry about what happened to his ex-wife.
How will this be resolved? And will anybody ever be free?


This was an okay end to the series, but I wasn’t overly impressed by how many things were just left hanging.

I was a little surprised at the way the narrative switched between Lena and Hana in this story, and I can’t say I really thought all that much of Hana’s chapters at the beginning. She did some really silly things, and contradicted herself, and her chapters made very little difference to the story until quite close to the end. Lena continued to be Lena, and I understood how things might be difficult for her given her situation. I suppose she coped pretty well all things considered.

The storyline in this was okay, and we did get a bit of excitement and action at points, although I never felt 100% entranced with the story. While there was action, for me it wasn’t all that captivating, and if anything I just wanted to get to the end of the book.
What annoyed me most about this though was how the love triangle was resolved, or not resolved as the case may be. Why the author couldn’t give us a proper ending in this respect is just beyond me, and I was quite disappointed.
The ending otherwise was okay, but I still felt as if very little was resolved. I did like this book slightly more than the second, but still not as much as the first.
Overall; an okay end, but too many things were left unresolved.
7 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I heard it wasn't wrapped up that well. Sucks

    ReplyDelete