Thursday, 9 January 2014

Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver



Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
I’m pushing aside
the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana
and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.



Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

My rating: 3.38 of 5 stars


Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Delirium’ series.
Lena is now living in the wilds without Alex, who she continues to morn.
Meanwhile the DFA ‘Deliria-Free-America’, crack down on those who have not been cured yet, and try to decrease the legal age at which people can be cured.
Can Lena survive without Alex? And how long will Lena and the other ‘uncureds’ be safe from the authorities?


This was an okay sequel, but I didn’t like it as much as Delirium.

I didn’t really feel anything for Lena in this book, and I found the jumping back and forth between ‘then’ and ‘now’ really confusing (the story was split into Lena in the wilds ‘then’, and Lena in the city ’now’). I did feel a little sorry when we had some significant deaths, but I didn’t really love any of the characters.

The storyline was okay, but again I found the jumping back and forth between ‘then’ and ‘now’ a bit confusing. I also thought that the pace was really slow, I suppose it was in the first book as well, but I noticed it a lot more in this book, and found it difficult to find the motivation to keep reading.
I thought the love triangle that developed was a little annoying, although I have to say that it was kind of expected too as soon as Lena met Julian.
The ending was okay, although we were once again left with a cliff-hanger. I did see this cliff-hanger coming right from the start of the book though, and thought that it was pretty predictable.
Overall; an okay story, but I preferred the first book to this one.
6.75 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. I could never get into this series. Book #1 was just okay.

    ReplyDelete