Saturday, 21 December 2013

The Last Echo (The Body Finder #3) by Kimberly Derting


The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
In the end, all that’s left is an echo.

Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet’s talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it’s Violet’s job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice.

When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by “the girlfriend collector” she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new “relationship” and Violet may have caught his eye....


The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars


The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 3 in the ‘Body Finder’ series.
Violet is now working with Sara Parish who approached her from the FBI, using her talent to help discover dead bodies.
A serial killer is at work though, and it’s up to Violet and the other kids with special talents to try and catch him before he kills again.
Can Violet catch the killer? Or will the killer catch Violet?


This was an okay story, but I found myself bored most of the time.

Violet was once again her silly self, rushing off after an echo and forgetting that she was putting herself in danger. She also seemed incapable of seeing things that were right in front of her face at times.

The storyline was okay, but for some reason it just didn’t really interest me. I felt bored for most of the book, and found it really hard to keep paying attention to it. The number of times I put this book down to do something else, it’s surprising I got through it as quickly as I did.
The romance was also missing in this one. There were very few romantic scenes between Jay and Violet, and then we got a possible love triangle thrown into the mix.
The ending was okay, but again, I wasn’t overly interested, I just felt bored.
Overall; an okay story, but I felt bored.
5 out of 10.


2 comments:

  1. Ugh, that sucks. I just finished a book were I just never got interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it feels so long since i read this but yes must say the first two books were way better than this one.

    Aparajita@Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete