Friday, 20 December 2013

The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never #2) by J.A. Redmerski


The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
He was taking the long road. She was taking the road to nowhere. It just so happened that they led to the same place…

When everything falls apart, love remains . . .

THE EDGE OF ALWAYS

Camryn Bennett has never been happier. Five months after meeting on a Greyhound bus, she and her soul mate Andrew Parrish are engaged—and a wedding isn’t the only special event in their future. Nervous but excited, Camryn can’t wait to begin the rest of her life with Andrew – a man she knows in her heart will love her always. They have so much to look forward to—until tragedy blindsides them.

Andrew doesn’t understand how this could happen to them. He’s trying to move on, and thought Camryn was doing the same. But when Andrew discovers Camryn is secretly harboring a mountain of pain and attempting to numb it in damaging ways, there is nothing he won’t do to bring her back to life. Determined to prove that their love can survive anything, Andrew decides to take Camryn on a new journey filled with hope and passion. If only he can convince her to come along for the ride…


The Edge of Always by J.A. Redmerski

My rating: 3.25 of 5 stars


The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book two in the ‘Edge of Never’ series.
Andrew and Camryn are happily expecting their first baby, when disaster strikes.
Can Camryn snap out of her depression? Can Andrew help her? And will another road trip help?


This was an okay story, but it had some sad moments, and the last 30% was a bit dull.

Before I even started this book I had some worries about the tragedy mentioned in the blurb, and unfortunately my worries were confirmed. This tragedy was really sad, and I felt so sorry for Camryn and Andrew.

The rest of the storyline was okay, and I did enjoy the story up to the 55% mark. At this point I felt that things got a bit rushed and thrown together, and it felt like the author was just trying to tie everything up as quickly as possible, and cover as much ground and important events as quickly as possible to get the book finished. The last 15% of the book was then an excerpt from the first book, which seemed a little odd seeing as you really need to read these books in order.
There was some romance in the story, which was to be expected, but I didn’t like it as much as much as the first book. There were some sex scenes, but I didn’t feel they were all that fantastic, and I just didn’t like it as much as the first book.

The ending was okay, but again felt a bit rushed, and there were a couple of ‘what?’ moments for me where I wasn’t impressed. I did think that the book was okay overall, but I didn’t love it.
Overall; an okay sequel, but not as good as the first.
6.5 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. I am getting tired of rushed endings. Still want to read this book though.

    ReplyDelete