Wednesday, 25 December 2013

Legacy (Night School #2) by C.J. Daugherty


Legacy (Night School, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
In the last year, Allie's survived three arrests, two breakups and one family breakdown. The only bright point has been her new life at Cimmeria Academy. It's the one place she's felt she belongs. And the fact that it's brought dark-eyed Carter West into her life hasn't hurt either. But far from being a safe haven, the cloistered walls of Cimmeria are proving more dangerous than Allie could have imagined. The students and faculty are under threat, and Allie's family - from her mysterious grandmother to her runaway brother - are at the centre of the storm. Allie is going to have to choose between protecting her family and trusting her friends. But secrets have a way of ripping even the strongest relationships apart...

Legacy by C.J. Daugherty

My rating: 3.25 of 5 stars


Legacy (Night School, #2)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Night School’ series.
Allie is back to school, and happy about finally getting the opportunity to join night school. When she’s given an assignment that means investigating her own boyfriend, she’s a little worried though.
What has happened to Gabe? Is he still a threat? And does Carter have something to hide?


This was an okay story, but it had its annoying moments.

Allie was a bit naïve and stupid, she really liked to rush head first into dangerous situations without thinking things through first. She reminded me a bit of Violet in the Body Finder series, who also thought it a good idea to go out alone for a walk after dark, whilst a killer was on the loose.
I thought that some of the things Allie did in this book were a really bad idea. If you’ve seen a strange man in the woods, I wouldn’t recommend going out for a walk alone in the dark. A letter from a known traitor turns up in your room? How about telling someone, rather than sneaking out to meet said traitor? Pretty stupid really.

The storyline in this was okay, but I still find the whole idea of the ‘night school’ pretty lame. A class inspired by politics doesn’t really excite me I’m afraid. I was a little surprised that Allie was so happy about being asked to join night school, and it really didn’t seem like she’d really thought it through properly.
There was some romance in this, but I can’t say I really enjoyed it. Carter was jealous and petty, and caused arguments over nothing, and the romantic scenes weren’t all that fantastic.

The ending to this was okay, but I found certain parts a little annoying. I’ll read the next one because I’ve already got it, but I really hope that Allie stops making such poor decisions.
Overall; an okay read, but a bit silly in places.
6.5 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment