Monday, 23 December 2013

Forbidden Territory (Mica & Lexy #1) by Melissa Pearl and Brenda Howson

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Indie Inked and Netgalley.
Forbidden Territory Blurb (from Goodreads):
Mica and Lexy have been best friends and next door neighbours since they were eight years old. They share everything and have no secrets from each other until... Tom arrives on Mica's doorstep - a gorgeous exchange student from England. And Lexy is smitten.

Suddenly both girls are keeping secrets. Mica is hiding news about Tom's English girlfriend and Lexy hasn't got the heart to tell her best friend that her brother Eli, the guy Mica is mad on, thinks of her as only a friend.

After a massive fight, the girls decide the best way to mend their friendship is to spend some quality time together. And what better way than to go camping away from their parents and why not invite along the guys they are crushing on.

So the four teenagers embark on a geo-caching expedition into New Zealand's native bush expecting a long weekend filled with flirtatious fun; instead secrets are exposed as they stumble across a hidden marijuana crop and its gun-wielding watchmen. Forced apart they spend the next forty-eight hours racing blindly in opposite directions as they fight to find each other before the hunters do.



Forbidden Territory by Melissa Pearl

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


Forbidden Territory(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Indie Inked and Netgalley.)
Lexy and Mica are best friends.
They go off into some woods ‘geo-caching’, and stumble upon a crop of marijuana.
They get chased by the owners of the crop, but are more concerned about the fact that the boys they like seem to like them back!
I hope they get shot because they’re so freaking irritating.


Well I hate to say it, but we have another contender for worst book of the year.

Mica and Lexy were just irritating,

"hide anything of this magnitude from me again and I'll unfriend you."

annoying,

"Thank god I wasn't a fat porky."

and infuriating.

"I stealthily headed back in the direction of my boyfriend. Ooo, I had a boyfriend!!"

They argued constantly.

They said stupid things, they talked about periods to embarrass the boys, and they took offense at the silliest of things, and kept going off in a strop.



The storyline was okay I guess, but if you had a James Bond film, and replaced Bond with the two of the most annoying, juvenile, teenage girls that you could find, the storyline is going to get trampled.



After numerous arguments, wrong assumptions, and disagreements, Lexy and Mica continued to show their idiocy when they came upon a crop of marijuana, and said very loudly “We’ve got to tell the police about this. It’s organised crime. We can’t just ignore it. These bastards need to be caught for doing this.”
I mean really? They were basically asking for the bad guys to come after them with guns.

And then, as if I didn’t dislike them enough. They’re being chased by guys with guns, they could die, and what is the most important thing... They have boyfriends!!! Yaay!!

Give me a break.



Overall; I was so happy when I got to the end of this.

It was ridiculous, the main characters were ridiculous, and I was so happy that it was over!!
2 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. LOL, yeah, this does not sound good. Again, loving the GIFs.

    ReplyDelete