Sunday, 3 November 2013

Teardrop (Teardrop #1) by Lauren Kate


Teardrop (Teardrop, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Never, ever cry...

Seventeen-year-old Eureka won't let anyone close enough to feel her pain. After her mother was killed in a freak accident, the things she used to love hold no meaning. She wants to escape, but one thing holds her back: Ander, the boy who is everywhere she goes, whose turquoise eyes are like the ocean.

And then Eureka uncovers an ancient tale of romance and heartbreak, about a girl who cried an entire continent into the sea. Suddenly her mother's death and Ander's appearance seem connected, and her life takes on dark undercurrents that don't make sense.

Can everything you love be washed away?


Teardrop by Lauren Kate

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


Teardrop (Teardrop, #1)(Source: I own a copy of this book – why, oh why, oh why?)
Eureka doesn’t cry, not ever, even when her mother dies. But she’s about to find out that she’s something awesome!


So I didn’t really like ‘Fallen’, but since I’ve had some luck with sequels recently, I decided to give Lauren Kate another chance and read Teardrop. I really shouldn’t have bothered.

Eureka was such a whiny character. I got so sick of her moaning so quickly. She was just irritating, and whiny, and couldn’t seem to make up her mind about anything. I really wanted her to just quit her moaning and shut the hell up.

The storyline was just dull. I will say that this is possibly more to do with wrong book wrong person, but this book seriously tested my resolve to finish this book. I was bored, really bored, right from the beginning, and nothing about this book really captured my attention.

When things were revealed within the plot I didn’t find them exciting or impressing, the characters came out with the cheesiest lines, and the whole thing was predictable and unbelievable. Then when we found out some of the biggest secrets, they were just pants.

The ending was also just as bad. I couldn’t quite believe what I was reading, and I really didn’t like it. We were also left with a dreaded cliff hanger. Needless to say that I won’t be reading the next book in the series.
Overall; boring and cheesy.
2.5 out of 10.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't think this one would be that bad! I wasn't a fan of Fallen either, but I was hoping this would be better. The MC does sound really annoying.. I don't know if I'll give this a try now. Thanks for the honest review, and I love those GIFs :D

    Richa @ City of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking forward to this one. The cover is stunning and my friend loved it. But I'm not so eager to read it now. Shame you were disappointed. Thanks for your honest review :)

    - Sunny @ A Sunny Spot Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that sucks. Sorry it was so bad. Love the GIFs though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You like SAVING MARS but don't like Teardrop?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete