Monday, 4 November 2013

Take Care, Sara by Lindy Zart


Take Care, Sara
Blurb (from Goodreads):
You breathe in, you breathe out, and everything you know is gone.

Sara Walker knows firsthand what it feels like to have your reality ripped away, scrambled, and shoved back at you in an undone puzzle where pieces are missing and nothing fits. She's lost so much and is struggling to live and to find the strength to forgive herself for being human. With the help of Lincoln, her husband's brother, Sara realizes it's not about finding who she used to be, but about finding who she is now.

You breathe in, you breathe out, and everything you know isn't gone, but reborn.


Take Care, Sara by Lindy Zart

My rating: 3.38 of 5 stars


Take Care, Sara(Source: Downloaded for free from smashwords.com)
Something terrible happened to Sara’s husband just over a year ago, and she blames herself. Burdened with guilt and depression Sara hides away in her house, and the only person she listens to is her husband’s brother – Lincoln.
Can Sara learn to move on? Can Lincoln help her? And will Sara ever be happy again?


This was an okay story, but I wasn’t 100% comfortable with the storyline.

Sara was obviously very depressed. Both her words and actions showed this, and I thought that she was an excellent depiction of a depressed person. The symptoms were there, even the ones that weren’t textbook, and her feelings and emotions were really clear. Personally I thought she had a right to be depressed considering what she had been through, and totally understood why she considered taking her own life.

The storyline in this was okay, but there were parts that I didn’t 100% agree with.
I thought that the part of the story showing Sara’s depression maybe went on slightly too long, and I really didn’t like the way that she was falling in love with her brother-in-law, maybe even before her husband was dead. I understood the way that Lincoln helped her, and the way he tried to help her get through both her depression and her grief, but I still balked a little at the idea that she was going to start a relationship with her brother-in-law. Maybe this is just me, maybe it’s just that I thought family gatherings would be extremely difficult from that point on, but the whole thing just felt a little off for me. Personally I would never have had the guts to tell my husband’s family, that I was marrying their other son(!) and it was quite funny that that part of the story wasn’t included!
Other than these niggles though the story was pretty good, and I thought that the depiction of Sara’s depression was good.
Overall; a realistic story about loss and depression, with a contemporary romance woven in.
6.75 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. eeek, not sure about this one. Sounds depressing.

    ReplyDelete