Monday, 11 November 2013

Six Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon #1) by S.M. Reine


Six Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Rylie's been bitten.

She's changing.

And now she has three months to find a cure before becoming a werewolf... forever.

Rylie Gresham hates everything about summer camp: the food, the fresh air, the dumb activities, and the other girls in her cabin. But the worst part is probably being bitten by a werewolf. Being a teenager is hard enough, but now she's craving raw flesh and struggles with uncontrollable anger. If she doesn't figure out a way to stop the transformation, then at the end of summer, her life is worse than over. She'll be a monster.


Six Moon Summer by S.M. Reine

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Six Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon, #1)(Source: Downloaded for free from amazon.co.uk)
Riley doesn’t want to go to camp for 3 months, especially as she’s still annoyed about her parent’s getting divorced.
Things get even worse though when she’s attacked by some kind of animal, and develops a stranger hunger for meat, when she is a vegetarian.
What is happening to Riley? Can tofu curb her hunger? And what animal was she attacked by?


This was an okay story, but I think the thing I appreciated most was the things that made me laugh, and that wasn’t really the point of the book.

Riley was quite a strange girl. She came across as being a little dumb, and at times I wished that she would catch on to things quicker. I also found it funny how when told to eat a lot of protein, she made a point of telling us that she ate pasta, tofu, and a big salad – because a big salad is bound to satisfy a werewolf’s hunger!

The storyline in this was okay, but there were so many things that just made me laugh. Again there was the eating thing – Riley commenting on how a couple of pieces of tofu would satisfy her ‘gnawing hunger’. I mean really? Get some snickers already, because I don’t think a couple of pieces of tofu is going to cut it. Then we had Riley asking someone if they had swam across the lake – when their dry towel was on her side, and several other things that I can’t really mention without dropping spoilers, but this book really did make me laugh, which I’m pretty sure wasn’t the author’s intent.
There was some low-key romance that I can’t say I really enjoyed, and the ending was a little lacking too. Hopefully the next instalment will clear things up a little.
Overall; good for a laugh, but you can’t take this too seriously.
6 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. Still, a book that can make you laugh is always nice.

    ReplyDelete