Monday, 25 November 2013

Crash into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Harlequin TEEN and Netgalley.
Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.


Crash into You by Katie McGarry

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Harlequin TEEN and Netgalley.)
17-year-old Rachel has panic attacks, and hates being the focus of attention, so being asked to speak at a charity event that her mother is hosting is just too much for her to even think about.

17-year-old Isaiah is a foster kid who's not 100% honest about where he's currently living. When he meets Rachel at a drag race, he instantly feels a connection to her, even though he knows he's not good enough for her.
Can Rachel be the person her mother needs her to be? Can Isaiah be the person that he thinks Rachel needs him to be? And is drag racing cars ever a good idea?


This was a good YA contemporary romance, but I liked the romance more than the rest of the story.

Rachel was a sweet girl who had issues, and it was pretty harsh the way her mother continually tried to turn her into a different person. I almost wanted Rachel to stand up to people more, but it was clear that that wasn't the sort of person she was.
Isaiah was also troubled, but I loved the way he went to such lengths to try and protect Rachel and keep her safe.

I did like the storyline in this book, but I liked the romance more than the other storylines. I thought the romance between Isaiah and Rachel was really sweet, and when they got passionate, boy was the heat turned up!
The other storylines were only okay for me. I thought that the drag racing was a bad idea, and getting involved in the debt side of things was a bad idea too. I also hated Rachel's brothers at times for the way they treated her, as well as her parents who had unrealistic expectations.

The ending was quite surprising, and was reasonably happy. I think that if you liked this authors previous books then you'll probably like this one too.
Overall; a good YA contemporary romance, with some car-racing action.
7 out of 10.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked this storyline, but I totally agree with you about Rachel's brothers. Did not like them at all, and her parents too >.<
    I don't know what I'll think of Take Me On since it's West's book. But I loved Isaiah in this!
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the drag racing, but agree with you on Rachel's evil family and the whole owing the money stuff. I mean, she could have pawned one of her diamond earrings…
    I can't wait for Abby's book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the storyline made me nervous and stressed me out. But the romance was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a fan of this series! Somehow, I just fall in love with all of the characters. This definitely does not happen often. Cannot wait for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete