Friday, 29 November 2013

Clash (Crash #2) by Nicole Williams


Clash (Crash, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Their Romeo-and-Juliet-level passion is the only thing Jude and Lucy agree on. That, and fighting all the time . . .

Also not helping? Lucy's raging jealousy of the cheerleader who's wormed her way into Jude's life.

While trying to hang on to her quintessential bad boy and also training to be the top ballet dancer in her class, Lucy knows something's going to give . . . soon.

How can she live without the boy she loves? How can she live with herself if she gives up on her dreams? If Lucy doesn't make the right choice, she could lose everything.


Clash by Nicole Williams

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Clash (Crash, #2)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Crash’ series.
Luce and Jude are together but not having sex, what they are having is a lot of arguments though.
Can Luce and Jude really make things work? How long before Jude caves and they have sex? And can either of them keep their jealousy in check?


Let’s just say that I know why this book is called ‘Clash’ now, because all that really happens is the characters butting heads, and generally being argumentative.

Both Jude and Luce annoyed me in this book. Both of them suffered from Jealousy, and both of them had ridiculous tempers. I got really annoyed at how hypocritical they were, as most of the time it was the pot calling the kettle black, and I also got annoyed by how they set themselves up for arguments all the time. I mean asking a male dancer to help you out of your corset, when you know Jude will walk in at any moment is bound to cause problems isn’t it?

The storyline in this was literally Jude and Luce arguing, Jude and Luce being jealous of each other, and Luce moaning about how Jude wouldn’t sleep with her. I was also less than impressed with their lack of thought for their safety, when they were getting intimate whilst Jude was driving!!
I also felt really embarrassed by some of the things the girls said to each other, and so many times I just knew that there was about to be another explosion when one of them said or did something that was inflammatory. I spent most of the book just wishing that they would grow up and behave more maturely, and just get over themselves already.

There were other things in this book that annoyed me, but it’s difficult to go over a lot of them without dropping spoilers which I don’t want to do, let’s just say that some of the things that happened towards the end were unrealistic, unbelievable, and downright ridiculous. I was so glad that I buddy read this with someone so that I could rant about this book!
Overall; a whole load of unnecessary arguments, and an unrealistic ending.
6 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment