Thursday, 10 October 2013

Nightmare (Dangerous Times Collection #2) by Robin Parrish


Nightmare
Blurb (From Goodreads):
Ghost Town is the hottest amusement park in the country, offering state-of-the-art chills and thrills involving the paranormal. The park's main ride is a haunted mansion that promises an encounter with a real ghost.
When Maia Peters visits during her senior year of college, she's not expecting to be impressed. Maia grew up as the only child of a pair of world-renowned "ghost hunters," so the paranormal is nothing new. In fact, the ride feels pretty boring until the very end. There, a face appears from the mist. The face of Jordin Cole, a girl who disappeared from campus a year ago.
Convinced what she saw wasn't a hoax and desperate to find answers to Jordin's disappearance, Maia launches into a quest for answers. Joined by Jordin's boyfriend--a pastor's kid with very different ideas about the spirit realm--Maia finds herself in a struggle against forces she never expected to confront.


Nightmare by Robin Parrish

My rating: 2.25 of 5 stars


Nightmare(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Maia is in her senior year of college, when her friend Jordin goes missing. The problem is that Maia and Jordin had been investigating ghosts, and now Maia is worried that Jordin may have become a ghost herself.
What has happened to Jordin? Does Maia have any hope of finding and rescuing her? And if Jordin is a ghost, how did it happen?


This was an okay story, but for most of it I was just bored.

Maia was an okay character, if a little standoffish, and Jordin was alright too, even if I thought her a little mad for wanting to chase ghosts.

The storyline was okay, but I spent most of the book wanting to put it down and not pick it up again. The story dragged, there was the odd creepy moment, but most of it was just dull, and I found it quite difficult to motivate myself to keep reading.
There were some moments that I thought the author had put some work into, such as using the hotel which inspired Stephen King to write ‘The Shining’ as one of the places that Maia investigated, but again, most of this story was just dull for me.
The ending was alright, but again, I found it difficult to actually care what was going on, and the last line was unbelievably cheesy. I don’t think I’ll read anything else by this author in the future.
Overall; an okay story, but I was just bored.
4.5 out of 10.


1 comment: