Friday, 13 September 2013

The Silver Chain (The Unbreakable Trilogy #1) by Primula Bond

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins UK, Avon, and Netgalley.
The Silver Chain (The Unbreakable Trilogy, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Bound by passion, she was powerless to resist.

One dark evening in London, photographer Serena Folkes is indulging her impulsive side with a night-time shoot. But someone is watching her – mysterious entrepreneur Gustav Levi. Serena doesn’t know it yet, but this handsome stranger will change her life forever…

Serena is fascinated by Gustav, the enigmatic owner of the Levi Gallery, and she soon feels an irresistible pull of attraction. The interest is mutual, and Gustav promises to launch Serena’s photographic career at his gallery, but only if Serena agrees to become his exclusive companion.

To mark their agreement, Gustav gives Serena a bracelet to wear at all times. Attached to it is a silver chain of which he is the keeper. With the chain Gustav controls Serena physically and symbolically – a sign that she is under his power.

As their passionate relationship intensifies, Gustav’s hold on the silver chain grows stronger. But will Gustav’s dark past tear them apart?

A seductive and beautifully written novel for erotic romance fans. The Silver Chain is the first in the sexy, passionate and addictive Unbreakable Trilogy by Primula Bond.


The Silver Chain by Primula Bond

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The Silver Chain (The Unbreakable Trilogy, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins UK, Avon, and Netgalley.)
20-year-old Serena has left Jake her high-school sweetheart behind and gone to London, hoping to make something of herself through her photography.

A chance meeting introduces her to 40-year-old Gustav Levi, who has a proposition for her. He will display her work in his art gallery, he will make her a known name in the art world, and he will give her most of the profits, but in return she has to be his slave, and have sex with him whenever he demands it.

Serena decides that this seems like a good idea, especially as she is almost broke, and she thinks that Levi is kind of hot.
Can Serena become someone through Levi? Can she stop her heart from getting broken? And what happens when their contract expires?


This was an okay story I suppose, but it wasn’t for me.

Serena was a girl who obviously wanted someone who would love her, and would also show passion towards her, but she basically ended up as nothing more than a girl who sold herself for the sake of notoriety. While she started out wanting more than her high-school boyfriend, she ended up obsessing over a man who didn’t pay her the kind of attention that she wanted, and even wearing fancy dress to try and tempt him to want her.

The storyline in this book was okay, but I just found it dull. I just couldn’t get into the plot at all, and found myself getting bored. The erotica was alright, but I didn’t enjoy it enough for it to save the story for me. I got a bit sick of the way Levi just used Serena, and I didn’t enjoy the way that there was very little actual feeling between them. While she seemed to have feelings for him, and wanted a relationship of sorts, he didn’t really seem to want a relationship with her in that way at all, and I didn’t really enjoy the emotionless sex. Another problem was that most of the sex wasn’t even regular sex, most of it was just hands and mouths, and again, I wasn’t all that impressed.
The ending was okay, but wasn’t really what I expected and we then got left with a cliff-hanger. I don’t think I’ll be reading the next book in the series though, as this just didn’t entertain me.
Overall; an okay, if disappointing erotic novel.
4.5 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I have this one to read but now I am worried.

    ReplyDelete