Monday, 30 September 2013

Revealing Us (Inside Out #3) by Lisa Renee Jones

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Gallery Books and Edelweiss.
Revealing Us (Inside Out #3)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
The third installment in the sexy Inside Out erotic romance series—in the seductive tradition of Fifty Shades of Grey.

You've discovered Rebecca's secrets. You've discovered Sara's secrets. Now Sara will discover "his" deepest, darkest secrets...but will those secrets bind them together--or tear them apart?

 

Revealing Us by Lisa Renee Jones

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Revealing Us (Inside Out #3)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Gallery Books and Edelweiss.)
This is the third book in the ‘Inside Out’ series, and kicks off where book 2 ‘Being Me’ left off.
**Warning – some unavoidable spoilers for books 1 and 2 ‘If I Were You’ and ‘Being Me’.**
Sara is unsure whether to go to Paris with Chris, but her heart wins out, and she follows him across the Atlantic.
What kind of a relationship does Chris really want with her though? Can he give up the BDSM? What has happened to Rebecca? What has happened to Sara’s friend Ella? And why are the police concerned about Sara leaving the country?


This was an okay book, I couldn’t help but feel a bit disappointed that we didn’t get more answers though. I also thought that this was the final book in the trilogy, but instead it seems that there are 2 more books planned!

Sara started to irritate me a bit in this one. Following your boyfriend to Paris could be seen as romantic, but it could also be seen as neediness, and Sara was really toeing the line here for me. She continually told Chris that she was a big girl and could stand on her own 2 feet, but then continued to obsess over where he was and what he was doing. She also kept jumping to the wrong conclusions every 10 minutes, and making really silly decisions that basically proved him right when he said that she couldn’t look after herself.

The plotline in this book was quite basic, it was basically Chris and Sara in Paris, and other than a few misunderstandings nothing much happened. We did get to read a few more entries from Rebecca’s journal, which did give us a few more clues as to what had happened to her, but considering how small that part of the book was, this book could have been a lot, lot shorter.

The romance/love making was okay, but a couple of times it was a little sudden, with practically no fore-play, and I didn’t feel the heat and sexiness the way I did with the first book.

I also have to say that I thought this was a trilogy, yet now there are at least 5 books plus novellas. I checked back and when the first book was published it was called ‘Inside Out Trilogy’, and I actually feel quite disappointed that this wasn’t the end. I was expecting some answers – I can’t even hear the name Rebecca without thinking of this series, and once again I’m left waiting for the next book, which is a bit frustrating. This book just felt like a ‘holiday-in-Paris’, and I’m not sure that for the amount of answers we got, it was worth this being a full-length novel.
Overall; and okay story, but I expected more.
6.75 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. I hate not getting the answers I want in a book.

    ReplyDelete