Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Blurred (Kissed by Death #2) by Tara A. Fuller


Blurred (Kissed by Death, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Cash is haunted by things. Hungry, hollow things. They only leave him alone when Anaya, Heaven’s beautiful reaper, is around. Cash has always been good with girls, but Anaya isn’t like the others. She’s dead. And with his deteriorating health, Cash might soon be as well.

Anaya never breaks the rules, but the night of the fire she recognized part of Cash’s soul—and doomed him to something worse than death. Cash’s soul now resides in an expired body, making him a shadow walker—a rare, coveted being that can walk between worlds. A being creatures of the underworld would do anything to get their hands on.

The lines between life and death are blurring, and Anaya and Cash find themselves falling helplessly over the edge. Trapped in a world where the living don’t belong, can Cash make it out alive?


Blurred by Tara A. Fuller

My rating: 3.35 of 5 stars


Blurred (Kissed by Death, #2)(Source: I won a copy of this book.)
Anaya is a reaper who has been reaping souls for heaven for over 1000 years. Cash is 18, and is in the unusual position of being dead, but still inhabiting his dying body, due to something that Anaya did on her boss’s orders.

Cash is now haunted by shadow monsters, but he has no idea how bad things are about to get.
Why was Anaya told to not take his soul to heaven? What does Balthazar want with him? And why are Anaya and Cash attracted to each other?


This was an okay story, but I didn’t like it as much as the first book.

Anaya and Cash were both okay characters, but I didn’t love them as much as Finn and Emma. I liked Cash’s random t-shirts again (especially the one that said ‘I See Dead People’), and I thought that Anaya was more like an angel than a reaper, but I just didn’t relate to them the same way.

The storyline was okay, but I did see certain plot points coming. I thought it was pretty predictable really, and while I did enjoy the story, I just felt a bit let down because I liked the first one so much and was expecting more.
The ending was fairly happy, and there wasn’t a cliff hanger, although there was plenty of space left open for another book in the series.
Overall; an okay sequel, but I didn’t like it as much as the first.
6.75 out of 10.


1 comment: