Sunday, 18 August 2013

Unremembered (Unremembered #1) by Jessica Brody

Unremembered (Unremembered, #1)
A catastrophic plan crash leaves one survivor: a girl with no memory.

Who is she?

Where does she come from?

Nobody knows and no one comes forward to claim her.

Haunted by a looming threat she can't remember and plagued by abilities she doesn't understand, she struggles to recall who she is. But every clue leads to more questions. And she's running out of time to answer them.

Her only hope is a boy who claims they were once in love.

Alone and on the run, who should she trust? And what if she discovers that she is safer with a past that stays unremembered?


Unremembered (Unremembered, #1) by Jessica Brody

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Unremembered by Jessica Brody(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
16-year-old Violet has been discovered in the ocean following a plane crash, she’s the only survivor, but has no memories whatsoever. Not even knowing her own name, she is given the name Violet by a nurse at the hospital after the colour of her eyes.

When her memory doesn’t return, and the airline claim she wasn’t even on the flight, Violet tries her best to fit in with her foster family, but can’t get away from wanting to know who she really is.
Who is Violet? How did she end up at the site of the plane crash? Why can’t she remember anything? And who is following her?


This was an okay story, but I really wasn’t sure about the turn this book took at the 75% mark.

Violet was a character that I felt sorry for. It must be unbelievably difficult to live in a world where you know nothing, not even your own name, and especially to have no-one who really cares about you. As the story went on, I did wonder what the hell was going on with Violet, as she kept discovering things about herself which were a little strange, and even with quite a few guesses, I didn’t work out what she actually was.

The storyline in this was okay, although I found the last 25% a little unbelievable. I had been prepared for Violet to be any number of different things, except for what she actually was, and I just felt that the book lost its way a little at the end.
I thought that the pacing of the book was okay, but then I did find that it took me quite a while to get through this one. While I wanted to know what was going on, and what would happen next, it didn’t quite have the pull that I needed to keep me going, and I felt like I spent hours reading, but didn’t get very far.

I’m not sure what to think about the next book in this series, the ending of this one threw a whole loads of questions at us, and then threw us off a cliff, and I’m really not sure of the direction this one is going to take. I might read the sequel out of curiosity, but I think this could be a real hit or miss series for me.
Overall; an okay story, but I didn’t really like the twists.
6.5 out of 10.
6.5 out of 10.


1 comment: