Friday, 2 August 2013

The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa


The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
The New York Times Bestseller My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.


The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is the third book in the ‘Iron Fey’ series, and picks up where book 2 left off.
**Warning – some unavoidable spoilers for books 1 and 2 ‘Iron King’, and ‘Iron Daughter’.**
Meghan, Ash, and Puck have now all been exiled from the Nevernever, but the Iron fey march on, and the Nevernever is slowly dying.
When Oberon offers to undo Meghan and Puck’s exile if they defeat the new Iron King, Meghan knows that she must try to stop what is happening to the Nevernever, even if it means sacrificing herself to do it.
Can Meghan stop the new Iron King? Why is she unable to use her glamour without becoming ill? And will this second trip into the Iron realm mean the end for Meghan and Ash?


This was a good story, but my mind kept wandering off.

Meghan was fierce and determined in this book, and I loved how much she cared for Ash, Puck, and her family. I thought it was pretty brave of her to take on the new Iron King, but at the same time felt like she had little choice, if she hadn’t have gone then the Nevernever would have been truly doomed.

The storyline in this book was okay, and I liked the action at the end, the problem I had was with this author’s books in general, I have yet to find one that doesn’t make my mind wander. I tried all day to read this book, and just kept thinking about other things, or getting distracted some other way. When I switched to a different book I didn’t have the problem, coming back to this one – there it was again. I don’t know why but for some reason this author’s way of writing just doesn’t do it for me, it constantly causes my mind to just wander off elsewhere which isn’t good!

Finally getting through this one, the part I liked the most was the relationship between Ash and Meghan, although the ending of this book didn’t seem all that hopeful for the relationship, which was disappointing. I want to know what happens in the next book now, but I really doubt that I’m going to be able to read it without it feeling like walking up a downwards escalator.
Overall; an okay YA fantasy story, but for me it really dragged.
6.5 out of 10.


5 comments:

  1. Aww sorry you didnt love this one. This is actually one of my favorite series. I just get lost in the world easily for some reason. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know what it is about this author's books but i just don't get sucked in unfortunately. glad that you like them though! I thought the storyline was actually quite clever.

      Delete
  2. I need to get started on this series. I'm a huge fan of books about the fey and it sounds great. I've been finding lately that the stories I love kind of get old my the thrid and fourth installments. It takes a particularly well crafted story to keep me interested for a fill series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I actually liked 'The Lost Prince' best which as the spin-off would be almost like the 5th book, so maybe this series gets better as ou go along!

      Delete
  3. Even with the mind wandering, I still wants to read this series bad.

    ReplyDelete