Tuesday, 20 August 2013

The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to ABRAMS, and Netgalley.
The Infinite Moment of Us
Blurb (from Goodreads):
For as long as she can remember, Wren Gray’s goal has been to please her parents. But as high school graduation nears, so does an uncomfortable realization: Pleasing her parents once overlapped with pleasing herself, but now... not so much. Wren needs to honor her own desires, but how can she if she doesn’t even know what they are?

Charlie Parker, on the other hand, is painfully aware of his heart’s desire. A gentle boy with a troubled past, Charlie has loved Wren since the day he first saw her. But a girl like Wren would never fall for a guy like Charlie—at least not the sort of guy Charlie believes himself to be.

And yet certain things are written in the stars. And in the summer after high school, Wren and Charlie’s souls will collide. But souls are complicated, as are the bodies that house them...

Sexy, romantic, and oh-so-true to life, this is an unforgettable look at first love from one of young adult fiction’s greatest writers.


The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Infinite Moment of Us(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to ABRAMS, and Netgalley.)
18-year-old Wren has decided that instead of going straight to college after she graduates, she’s going out to Guatemala to do aid work. Now she just needs to break the news to her parents.
18-year-old Charlie is going to the tech college after he graduates, and he plans to continue looking out for his younger foster brother too.

Charlie and Wren have always had feelings for one another, but finally they act upon them, and quickly fall in love.
What will happen in August though? Will Charlie follow Wren to Guatemala? Can they survive a long-distance relationship? And will Charlie’s ex get in the way?


This was a good YA/NA contemporary romance, about two teens discovering each other, and exploring their sexuality.

I liked both Wren and Charlie in this story, and I liked how they both let themselves be taken outside of their comfort zone. I liked how Wren finally found the courage to stand up and say ‘This isn’t what I want to do.’ and then found what she did want to do, and I liked how Charlie always looked out for his family, even when it didn’t make him popular.

I liked the storyline in this book, and I liked how the author wasn’t afraid to portray 18-year-olds who have sex. I get so sick of all the ‘I’m waiting ‘til I’m married’ rubbish that you find in YA novels, 18-year-olds have sex in this day and age, and the fact that Wren and Charlie had sex was just realistic for me. I liked the romance in this book, it was really sweet, and the book wasn’t purely about the sex.
The book that this book most reminded me of was ‘Forever’ by Judy Blume, which also tackled a similar subject, although I have to say that we got a much better ending in this book than in Forever.
Overall; this was a good YA/NA contemporary romance, that wasn’t afraid to portray 18-year-olds having sex within a loving relationship.
7.75 out of 10.


3 comments:

  1. Looks good! I've seen the reviews of this around. Look Forward to getting this one when it's realised. Thanks for sharing the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this one but wasn't sure if it would be for me. But you make it sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good and it's so good that it's on netgalley, I haven't gone on there in awhile I should though. Thanks for following btw. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete