Friday, 30 August 2013

Keeping Her (Losing It #1.5) by Cora Carmack

Keeping Her (Losing It #1.5)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
What happens after the happy ending?

Garrick is over the moon that his girlfriend, Bliss, said yes. He's finally found the love of his life. That means his worries are over, right?

But when he invites her to visit London and meet his family, he is presented with a whole new set of problems. How will his privileged and wealthy family react to Bliss's unique brand of awkwardness?


Keeping Her by Cora Carmack

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Keeping Her (Losing It #1.5)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Random House UK, Ebury Publishing and Netgalley.)
This is book 1.5 in the ‘Losing it’ series.
This is a short story about Garrick taking Bliss to England to meet his parents. Bliss is nervous, and Garrick tries to calm her down.

I thought the story was okay, and there were a couple of funny moments, I did get a bit bored at one point though, and Garrick also kept asking Bliss to marry him, even though she’d already repeatedly said yes, which unfortunately instead of being sweet started to get annoying.

It was nice to hear more from Bliss and Garrick again, but this story was really short, and I think I would have preferred another full-length novel. The last 22% of this book wasn’t even part of the story, it was an excerpt from book 3 ‘Finding it’.
Overall; an okay catch-up with Bliss and Garrick, but unfortunately nothing special.
6.5 out of 10.


3 comments:

  1. I hear ya. Novellas never seem to do it for me. They are short and they don't have time to develop. They are always hard to review as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad this novella didnt live up to the first book. I still need to start this series!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the keep asking thing would be annoying. But I still like this series.

    ReplyDelete