Saturday, 31 August 2013

Every Little Piece by Kate Ashton


Every Little Piece
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Secrets never stay in the past.

The night before high school graduation changes everything. Lies are told. Mistakes are made. Secrets tucked away. Lives are changed in the span of a few hours.

A year later, Haley is still reeling, numb with the constant ache of guilt. She's in a place she never expected to be: lost without her friends and Seth. Until he enters her life again, dredging up everything she's trying to forget. Everything about that night.

Seth returns to his hometown determined to share his truth, his side of the story. He desperately needs to make things right with Haley, even if it means losing her forever. Because the truth will ruin any chance of her ever loving him again.

Except neither of them are prepared for the shock of what really happened the night before graduation.


Every Little Piece by Kate Ashton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Every Little Piece(Source: I won a digital copy of this book. Thanks to author Kate Ashton.)
18-year-old Haley and her best friends are living it up the night before graduation, when the unthinkable happens, and their lives are changed drastically and irreversibly. Haley and her boyfriend Seth blame themselves, and both retreat into their own little worlds.
When Seth comes back into Haley’s life one year later with a secret to tell her, neither of them are really ready to face what happened that night, until eventually they’re forced to.
What really happened that night? Who was responsible? And will the truth drive an even bigger wedge between Haley and Seth?


This was a brilliant story about love, and grief, and forgiveness, that pummelled my heart, made me cry, and totally left me wanting more.

I loved the characters in this book. Haley was so broken after what happened, and it was so sad that Seth wasn’t there to comfort her when he should have been. I really felt for both of them and the guilt they carried though, and as much as I wanted them to pull through what had happened to them, I really didn’t see how they ever would.

The storyline in this book was emotional and heart-breaking, and even made me cry! I loved how such a relatively simple storyline could hold so much emotion, and feeling, and how one secret could change things so completely. The suspense was gut-wrenching, and I couldn’t help but keep reading, even knowing that what was coming would hurt.
The ending of this story was so fitting, and even made a happy ending out of a terrible situation.
I only give 5 stars to books that I get to the end of and want to start reading again from the beginning, and that’s exactly how I felt here.
Overall; a beautiful and heart-breaking YA contemporary romance. Highly recommended.
9.25 out of 10.


3 comments:

  1. Wow -- sounds like a really powerful story!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for bringing this book to my attention, Sarah. I hadn't heard of it yet and I am always on the look out for those "rip your heart out" kind of reads. I especially love those that revolve around secrets and Seth's sounds like a devastating one. Just my kind of read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you cried. 5 stars! wow. I guess I will have to take a closer look on this one.

    ReplyDelete