Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen #1) by Lisa Renee Jones

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Julie Patra Publishing and Netgalley.
Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Infinite possibilities….
Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….

His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn’t trust him. I shouldn’t tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.


At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she’s finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run.

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take “no” as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?




Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Julie Patra Publishing and Netgalley.)
24-year-old Amy is being forced to move again. After receiving a letter telling her that her cover has been compromised, she’s off to Denver with a new name, and a new CV.

On the plane she meets Liam, a gorgeous billionaire who seems instantly attracted to her, but Amy is wary of anyone who pays attention to her. Liam is not easily put off though, and they end up in bed together.
What does Liam really want though? What is Amy running from? And should she be running from Liam?


This was an entertaining and sexy read, and I really want to read the sequel now!

Amy was quite a shy and introverted character. It was obvious that something had happened in her past to make her that way, but we were left guessing as to what exactly that was. The flashbacks offered a glimpse, but most of Amy was still a mystery. The way that she acted to try and protect herself made me feel quite sorry for her.

I liked the storyline in this book. I did think that it was quite similar to this authors other books though, with the mystery and the romance – not that that’s a bad thing! I thought that Liam was quite a domineering kind of man, but in a sexy way and he seemed to be maybe a touch too bossy for Amy at times, especially considering how much she liked to hide away.
I liked the mystery aspect of the storyline, both the wondering what happened to Amy, and the mystery of where her relationship with Liam was going. The sex scenes in this book were abundant and sexy, with some scenes of light bondage, which kind of reminded me of the early sex scenes in ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ where Ana is first introduced to restraints.
The ending of this book wasn’t much of an ending really, it was more like the mid-point of the story, and strangely enough also reminded me quite a bit of the end of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ as well, with Ana getting the wrong idea and running away from Christian.
Overall; this was an interesting mix of sex and mystery, and I want the next book!
7 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. Woot, woot. So happy this was a good one. I plan to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete