Tuesday, 30 July 2013

White Trash Beautiful (White Trash Trilogy #1) by Teresa Mummert

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Gallery Books and Edelweiss.
White Trash Beautiful (White Trash, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
First in a stunning new trilogy by New York Times bestselling author Teresa Mummert.

“I’m not naive. I know I don’t get the happily ever after. My knight in shining armor took the highway detour around this god forsaken shit hole. I’ve made peace with that. That doesn’t mean I’m going to lay down like a doormat and let every cocky prick in the trailer park have his way with me.”

Cass lives a depressing life in a small trailer park in Eddington, Georgia, with her mother and abusive boyfriend Jackson. She works hard to barely make ends meet. But everything changes when Tucker White, the lead singer in the band Damaged, walks into her diner. He tries to show her that there is more to life than the hand she has been dealt, but Cass soon learns that being with Tucker will come at a high price.



White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


White Trash Beautiful (White Trash, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Gallery Books and Edelweiss.)
Cass is stuck living in a trailer with her drug addict-boyfriend, and drug-addict mom. She works at a café for minimum wage, and 9 times out of 10 Jackson comes and takes her tips before she has even finished her shift.

When Tucker comes into the café Cass thinks that he’s just like any other customer, but Tucker actually wants to rescue her from her crummy life.
What does Tucker really want from Cass? Can he really help her out of her awful life? And more importantly – will Cass let him?


This was a Cinderella-story style romance, with some interesting main characters.

Cass was an okay character, but her stubbornness annoyed me at times. Although she knew that something needed to change in her life, she never seemed to try to do anything about it, and then when things actually started getting better it was like she sabotaged herself! Maybe everything had gotten to her after so long, and she couldn’t find the motivation to help herself, but I just wanted her to see that Tucker could offer her something better and grab it with both hands!

Jackson – Cass’ boyfriend was a real nasty piece of work, and was constantly drugged up, and constantly asking Cass for cash that she didn’t have. I seriously wanted her to just get rid of him, but she didn’t seem to see that as an option.

I liked the romance in the story, but again – I wanted Cass to want it more, and to appreciate what Tucker was doing for her. Tucker was so sweet to her, but she couldn’t just accept his help and his love, she had to make him work for it.
The rest of the storyline was okay – it was a bit of a Cinderella tale – Cass is stuck working a dead-end job and living in a trailer with her addict mother and boyfriend, and Tucker was the knight come to rescue her. Cass annoyed me again though when she repeatedly tried to leave Tucker, because she thought that she wasn’t good enough for him. I really wish that she could have just loved him back, and acknowledged that what he felt for her was real.
The ending was okay, but it seems that this will be a trilogy. Not sure I want to read the next two books if that is the case though. Especially if it’s just more of Cass pushing Tucker away.
Overall; an okay, Cinderella-story romance.
7 out of 10.


1 comment: