Friday, 10 May 2013

Dirty (Miss Chatterley, Part 2) (ARC) by Logan Belle


Dirty (Miss Chatterley, Part 2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Torn between love and sex. By the time Connie decides, it could be too late.

Consumed by desire, Connie’s body yields to Mellor’s outrageous demands even as her heart yearns for her sweet, steady boyfriend. Connie reaches out to Cliff to save their relationship but he is too distracted exploring a different sort of temptation—the promise of quick and easy money from the shifty Tommy Dukes. Can Connie stop Cliff before he makes an epic mistake? Can she stop herself before she falls too far to ever come back?

Don’t miss the next episode, Miss Chatterley Part III: Torn, in Logan Belle’s four-part serial re-imagining of D.H. Lawrence’s classic Lady Chatterley’s Lover.


Dirty by Logan Belle

My rating: 4.25 of 5 stars


Dirty (Miss Chatterley, Part 2)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Pocket Star and Edelweiss.)
This is part 2 of the ‘Miss Chatterley’ serial, and kicks off right where part 1 left off.
This time Connie is questioning herself and feeling guilty over having cheated on her boyfriend Cliff, but she still can’t stop thinking about the man she cheated with – her coach Oliver Mellors, who made her feel things that Cliff never did.
What should Connie do though? Should she see Mellors again? Should she confess to Cliff? And is there any hope left for her relationship?



I was really looking forward to reading this after reading part 1 – ‘Hungry’, and I really wasn’t disappointed!!

We were left at the end of ‘Hungry’ with Connie having just had some very hot and steamy sex with her personal trainer Mellors, who has been showing her a lot more attention than her boyfriend has! She felt instantly guilty though, and even asked her sister if she should confess to Cliff what she had done! I totally got what she was going through though, and could see why she was torn between confessing and keeping quiet.
Cliff continued to ignore Connie in this instalment, but he did put in a little more effort with her at times. I personally thought that Connie was well within her rights to get annoyed with Cliff though, when during the first sexual encounter they had had in months, he stops to answer his phone, and then tells her that they have to leave (without finishing). I thought her question to him ‘Are you f***ing kidding me?’ was fair enough in the situation, and it wasn’t exactly surprising that she would feel second rate to his company when he would even answer his phone when they were trying to have sex!

Although I don’t really like stories where someone cheats, I do seem to like this series! I’m not sure if it’s just because of the constant build-up of tension between Connie and Mellors, or the really steamy sex scenes when they eventually get down to it, but this series is good! I do think that Connie needs to make a choice though – stay with Cliff and try and work things out, or leave him for Mellors (if he’ll have her).
Once again the ending of this book left me wanting more though! At the end of the first book, the book ended literally with Connie climaxing, and at the end of this book an incredibly difficult situation arose that totally made me go yikes! Can’t wait to find out what will happen next!
Overall; part 2 of a sexy serial!
8.5 out of 10.



 'Dirty' will be released on May 20th 2013.

9 comments:

  1. I don't like cheating in books either. But it sounds like Connie can do so much better than Cliff, who does what he did? But I'm curious as Connie and Oliver really seem to hit it off, but why wouldn't he want her? Great review Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't normally do cheating either, but have enjoyed some stories regardless, I mean it happens in real life, and honestly--what is a love triangle except cheating by kissing or emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds sizzling. :) I'm always afraid to pick up serials until they're all out because I hate when they end on one of those "to be continued.." notes. It sounds like this one is really keeping you engrossed though, enough that the cheating isn't as repellent than it normally would be (omg, stopping to take a call?!). Remaking Lady Chatterley's Lover sounds fun, too. Terrific review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a good series. I really enjoy serials, they are just lots of fun! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really like cheating stories, but Cliff sounds kind of awful. She should just break up with him! I've never read a serial before, maybe I should give this one a try! It sounds pretty steamy. Great review! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. I know what you mean. I hate cheaters but some authors just do cheating right where you still like the character and story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think if anyone came out and said they liked a cheater they would have a few screws loose. I can't believe the first book ended while someone was climaxing. I am not always the biggest fans of smexy books but this series sounds really good. I think it is becoming your guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheating stories are not always good but I did like the ones by Emily Griffin so I might like this one too. It all depends how it's portrayed, really. Great review, muffin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connie definitely seems to deserve a much better boyfriend than Cliff, although I wonder if Mellors is just using her. I wonder who Connie would be with in the end. Thanks for sharing, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete