Monday, 22 April 2013

Breathless (Elemental, #2.5) by Brigid Kemmerer

Breathless  (Elemental, #2.5)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Too many secrets. Not enough time.

Nick Merrick is supposed to be the level-headed one. The peacemaker. Since it’s just him and his three hotheaded brothers against the world, that’s a survival tactic.

But now he’s got problems even his brothers can’t help him survive.

His so-called girlfriend, Quinn, is going quick as mercury from daring to crazy. Meanwhile, Quinn’s dancer friend Adam is throwing Nick off balance, forcing him to recognize a truth he’d rather shove back into the dark.

He can feel it—-the atmosphere is sizzling. Danger is on the way. But whatever happens next, Nick is starting to find out that sometimes nothing you do can keep the peace.



Breathless by Brigid Kemmerer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Breathless  (Elemental, #2.5)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Kensington Books and Netgalley.)
Nick is juggling a few things in his life, he’s not only got his elemental abilities to think about, but his girlfriend Quinn, her problems with her family, his obligations in the family business, and his college applications.
As if that wasn’t bad enough though, now Quinn seems to be going off the deep end, and her dancer friend Adam is stirring feelings up that Nick doesn’t want to even think about never mind acknowledge.
Will Nick be able to make a decision about college? And will he put his other feelings into actions?


Loved it!! I want more!! This will totally leave you gasping for breath!

I’m not usually the biggest fan of novellas, I often find that they’re just lacking compared to a full-length novel, but I loved the other books in this series so much that I had to read this one, and I am so glad I did!
This book centres on Nick, Gabriel’s twin, and his problems with his girlfriend, and then his girlfriend’s friend Adam. I wasn’t really expecting this twist from Nick, and I haven’t really read many books with same sex romances, but I have to say that this was done exceptionally well, and I enjoyed every moment of this book.

I don’t want to spoil anything so I’m not going to say any more, but if you liked the previous books in this series then I definitely recommend picking this one up, and if you haven’t started it yet you really should! This series just gets better and better, and hotter and hotter!!
9 out of 10


 

5 comments:

  1. Oh I REALLY need to start this series!Everyone's raving about it and I seem to be missing out big time!
    I am not a huge fan of novellas either but I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed the novellas for this series too, and can't wait to read from Nick's POV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I loved this novella the most of all the shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH So excited. I still need to read this. So happy to hear you loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eep!! This sounds like so much fun. I'm really liking this series so far. I still need to read the first novella. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete