Saturday, 23 March 2013

Author and Book spotlight - Under The Desert Moon by Emma Meade



Under the Desert Moon
Blurb (from Goodreads):
17 year old Erin Harris spends her time daydreaming, hoping to escape her small town life in Copperfield, Arizona. When a movie crew arrives unexpectedly to shoot a vampire film over the summer, Erin’s small town world changes forever. Erin is positive she has seen the star, James Linkin before in a thirty year old TV show. He hasn’t aged a day. How is this possible? Erin is determined to find out, but how will James handle the scrutiny of an all too intelligent teenage girl?


Interview with the author -

Emma Meade


Hi Emma! Welcome to the blog!
Thanks Sarah. Happy to be here.

When did you start writing?
I remember writing short stories as early as primary school, and crappy poetry.

  
What was your inspiration for 'Under The Desert Moon'?
I'd just come back home the summer after I finished my post grad and I was thinking about small town life. I also loved anything vampire related, so I combined the two to create the town of Copperfield, Arizona, and the story of Erin's summer before senior year, in Under the Desert Moon.


What three words would you use to best describe 'Under The Desert Moon'?
Coming of age


What are your favourite things about the character Erin Harris?
She's smart, level headed, tough. the kind of friend and girlfriend anyone would be lucky to have.


Is 'Under The Desert Moon' a standalone novel or will this be part of a series?
Standalone, though I may write a novella in the future to tie things up.

Can you tell us about your other books? (If you have any)
Night Sighs is a collection of fun stories following two of my favourite characters, Alex and Tristan. Their romance is for adult eyes only. I also released a collection of paranormal short stories in December called The Awakening & Other Stories.


Can you tell us what you’re working on at the moment? (If you are)
I'm working on a follow up to Night Sighs. I fell so in love with Alex and Tristan that I had to go and write a full length novel featuring them.


Other than your own, what are your favourite books?
This year, I fell in love with Tegan's Blood and The Vampire Hunter's Daughter.


Random Questions
-          what’s your favourite treat? Tea and biscuits
-          What’s your Favourite place to read/write? My couch
-          If you won the lottery what would you most look forward to spending money on? Travelling the world
-          If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?  I don't know about living, but I'd certainly love to visit New Orleans, Boston and San Francisco.

  
Thanks so much to Emma for Stopping by the blog!

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I have read Under The Desert Moon by Emma Meade and my review will be on my blog on 29th March if you want to pop by to read it. Thanks for the interesting Interview. ~ Jeanz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. This book sctually sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete