Friday, 8 February 2013

Thorn has a new cover! (Win a copy!)

Thorn has a new cover!
Thorn

Thorn

For Princess Alyrra, choice is a luxury she’s never had … until she’s betrayed.

Princess Alyrra has never enjoyed the security or power of her rank. Between her family’s cruelty and the court’s contempt, she has spent her life in the shadows. Forced to marry a powerful foreign prince, Alyrra embarks on a journey to meet her betrothed with little hope for a better future.

But powerful men have powerful enemies—and now, so does Alyrra. Betrayed during a magical attack, her identity is switched with another woman’s, giving Alyrra the first choice she’s ever had: to start a new life for herself or fight for a prince she’s never met. But Alyrra soon finds that Prince Kestrin is not at all what she expected. While walking away will cost Kestrin his life, returning to the court may cost Alyrra her own. As Alyrra is coming to realize, sometimes the hardest choice means learning to trust herself.



Author Bio

Intisar Khanani grew up a nomad and world traveler. Born in Wisconsin, she has lived in five different states as well as in Jeddah on the coast of the Red Sea. She first remembers seeing snow on a wintry street in Zurich, Switzerland, and vaguely recollects having breakfast with the orangutans at the Singapore Zoo when she was five. She currently resides in Cincinnati, Ohio, with her husband and two young daughters. Until recently, Intisar wrote grants and developed projects to address community health with the Cincinnati Health Department, which was as close as she could get to saving the world. Now she focuses her time on her two passions: raising her family and writing fantasy. Intisar's next two projects include a companion trilogy to Thorn, following the heroine introduced in her short story The Bone Knife, and a novella series set in a fiction world of eleven kingdoms all controlled by a corrupt Council of Mages. Thorn is her first novel.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah -

    Thanks so much for featuring Thorn's "makeover" on your site! Just curious what you think of the new blurb (I remember chatting with you about the original blurb some time ago...)

    Hope all is well!

    Intisar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Intisar!
      Have to say that I really like the new blurb! I think it gives a much better feel for what happens to poor Alyrra!
      The new cover is very pretty too, I’m sure you’ll get quite a few more readers just from the cover alone!
      Will you be using the same designer for the first book in Rae’s story? I’m happy to do a cover erveal post for you if you’d like. Just let me know ☺

      Delete
    2. Good luck with your book Intisar, it sounds wonderful. I don't know what the old blurb said but I like everything about this cover and blurb.

      Delete
  2. Hey Sarah -

    I just sent you an e-mail about the cover reveal. So glad the new blurb and cover work better in your eyes! I haven't yet figured out what kind of covers I want for Rae's books...I figure I'll tackle that as I get closer, but I really do like this designer (T.L. Shreffler of Runaway Book Designs). Thanks so much for you support!

    Intisar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it. Very prettt colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really see the fairtytale influence in this cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw this one on your blog too! I know you loved this book as much as I did ☺

      Delete
  5. Lovely Cover! The description sounds wonderful, a mix of fantasy, magic, power struggles and a princess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the synopsis! And I like the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A felloω bloggег here, found youг site νia Silex, аnd I have a pieсe of advісe:
    ωritе more. Literallу, it looks
    аs though you relied on the viԁeo to make your point.
    You obviously gгasp what you're speaking about, so why blow your intellect only putting up videos to your site when you could be giving us something insightful to read?

    My weblog ... Kieferorthopädie

    ReplyDelete