Monday, 25 February 2013

Delirium read-a-long - week 3


Week 3 questions:
  1. Has your opinion of Lena changed at all over the course of the book?
I think Lena has grown up a bit. She’s finally learning what love is, and isn’t so afraid of it anymore. I think Lena needed this really, as she was so meek and worried all the time at the beginning.
  1. Did you see Alex's revelation about Lena's mother coming? Were you surprised? What do you think will happen now?
I sort-of knew that Lena’s mother was going to not be dead, but I didn’t guess that she would have been held prisoner. I thought she would just be living in the wilds. I’m guessing that Lena will now meet up with her mother at some point.
  1. We learn that the government has spread a lot of propaganda & lies (ex.: electrical fences). Do you think more lies will be revealed? Let's speculate!
There’s bound to be more lies. They lied and said that love was a disease and started chopping people’s brains up. Lying about electric fences is nothing compared to that!
  1. Do you have any favourite quotes so far? Share them with us!
‘It will kill me, it will kill me, it will kill me. And I don’t care’
'If pneumonia felt this good I'd stand out in the snow in the winter with bare feet and no coat on'
'The question was: Will you meet me tomorrow? And the word was: Yes.'

2 comments:

  1. Lena has really grown up, hasn't she? She's finally thinking on her own & experiencing love!

    I didn't expect her mother to be a political prisoner, I thought after she said she was alive that she was going to be in the wilds and everyone lied about her killing herself (or she made it look like she did). But her being held in the Crypts makes for more conflict, so I guess that's the better plot device :)

    Great quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quotes have me reconsidering whether I should read this book. =)

    ReplyDelete