Friday, 8 February 2013

Delirium Read-A-Long - Week 1!



 

Delirium read-a-long week 1 questions:

  1. What is your first impression of the world building in Delirium?
Delirium (Delirium, #1)It’s pretty similar to our world, but devoid of emotion, and more tightly regulated – curfews and stuff. The boys and girls seem to be segregated even. I’m guessing that boys don’t have sisters, and girl’s don’t have brothers. Wonder how they worked that one out?
    Delirium (Delirium, #1)
  1. In Delirium, love has been classified as a disease. Do you think that, in some ways, love could be considered a disease? Why or why not?
I don’t think so. It’s hardly catching. I suppose it is harmful in some respects, but it’s good too. Nobody ever describes diseases as good do they?
  1. The government's rules are very strict - upon turning 18 everyone has to undergo a procedure that will "cure" them of love once and for all. Could you live in a world without love?
No. It would be far too boring.
    Delirium
  1. Count how many times you say or hear the word love in one day (you can also guesstimate). How many times would you have been punished if you lived in the world Delirium is set in?
No idea. I expect we would have been trained not to say it though, had we been brought up in Lena’s world.
    Delirium (Amor-Trilogie, #1)
  1. What do you make of Alex? Lena notes that he has the scar of being cured, but he still appears to be flirting with her. He also works as a security guard at the lab in which there was a breach and all the cows were herded in on evaluation day.
Alex is an anomaly. I’ve no idea what he is up to, but he certainly doesn’t behave like someone who has been ‘cured’. I’m guessing we’ll hear more from him soon.

Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium Amoris (Delirium, #1)Delirij (Delirium, #1)Delirium (Delirium #1)Delírium (Delírium, #1)Παραλήρημα (Παραλήρημα, #1)ДелириумДелириум (Delirium, #1)Delírium (Delírium, #1)Delirium딜러리엄 - 모든 사랑은 범죄다 (Delirium, #1)Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium (Delirium, #1) 

There are so many different covers for this one!

5 comments:

  1. I love this book so much. Thanks for including all the covers, most of them are stunning. I have the Croatian edition (Delirij-Znanje) and I love how there's the world LOVE written all over it (like a certain scene from the book). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool that you found all the covers!
    I was wondering that too, on the first question, do they live separate? Maybe they found a way for that too, to pick the sex of the baby.
    I also think there's something wrong with Alex. I wrote so many things about this on my post lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book was good but not great for me. I think the concept is pretty amazing though.

    Love all those covers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to read this book... interesting answers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already read this one, I enjoyed it a lot! I'm so happy you shared all of the other covers, they are awesome to see! Hope everyone has a great time with this read along!

    ReplyDelete