Monday, 24 December 2012

Last Reads of 2012 Readathon - Favourite Books of 2012!

 

Today it's my turn to host for the Last Reads of 2012 Readathon (found out what I'm talking about HERE! You can still sign up! If I mention anything that you don't understand, it will be cleared up in the Readathon post) and I am posting about something called " Favorite Books of 2012!" If you would also like to post your own version of this "challenge," feel free to do so! Just make sure to include a little description of the challenge (you can also copy and paste the description I have below describing the challenge.)

This Readathon is a Readathon built specifically to let you catch up on your last books of 2012! Want to read some of those review books you got ages ago but have been meaning to get to? What about that book that you bought but has been collecting dust on your shelf ever since? This is the place to get caught up on that! Just go HERE and find out what you can do and sign up!
 


So I have read a lot of books this year! A lot!
I've read 186 review copies, and 261 books in total.
(If you want to check them out you can see them here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/7591340-sarah?format=html&shelf=read-2012  There's too many to list!)

Of those books I've given 
'5 stars' =    36
'4 stars' =  114  
'3 stars' =    87

So what do I recommend you read out of all of these books?
What were my favourites of 2012?

Here we go:

Dystopian:


Whispers in Autumn (The Last Year, #1) Winter Omens (The Last Year, #2) Betrayals in Spring (The Last Year, #3)  
(Absolutely amazing Series! A definite must-read!)

Ashes (Ashes Trilogy #1) Shadows (Ashes Trilogy, #2) Unwind (Unwind, #1) What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1) Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles, #1) The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) 
Uglies (Uglies, #1) Pretties (Uglies, #2) Specials (Uglies, #3) The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1)

Contemporary YA:

34 Pieces of You If I Lie Castles on the Sand Justice (Deck of Lies, #1) When You Were Mine Knee Deep

YA Sci-fi:

Saving Mars (Saving Mars 1) The Host Xor: The Shape of Darkness

Paranormal YA:

 Storm (Elemental, #1) Spark (Elemental, #2) Wrecked Thorn Masquerade (Heven and Hell, #1) Charade (Heven and Hell, #2) Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2) 
 Become (Desolation, #1) Desolate (Desolation, #2) Ever (Ever, #1)

Fantasy:

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) 

Urban Fantasy:

Shaman, Healer, Heretic (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #1) Shaman, Friend, Enemy (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #2)

Historical Fiction:

The Luxe (Luxe, #1) Rumors (Luxe, #2) Envy (Luxe, #3)

So do I have a top ten?
So difficult to do a top ten, but if I had to...
1. Ashes (Ashes Trilogy #1)Shadows (Ashes Trilogy, #2)
2. Unwind (Unwind, #1)
3. Saving Mars (Saving Mars 1)
4.Whispers in Autumn (The Last Year, #1) Winter Omens (The Last Year, #2) Betrayals in Spring (The Last Year, #3)
5. What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1)
6. Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles, #1)
7. Castles on the Sand
8. The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
9. When You Were Mine
10. Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2) 

So those are my favourites of the year, what are yours? 
Have you read any of these?


Update:


Finished: 
  Betrayals in Spring (The Last Year, #3)The Demon Lover (Fairwick Chronicles, #1)Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)The Vincent Brothers (The Vincent Boys, #2)Effortless (Thoughtless, #2) 

Reading now:
 
The S-Word

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Host. I heard so many great things about Strom. I need to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was proud of my 180 books! I broke the bank because over half I bought!

    ReplyDelete