Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Last Reads of 2012 - Books that made me laugh/cry


Books that made me laugh this year...


Hear
This made me laugh out loud in places! So funny! Charlotte comes out with some great observations ☺
Pretty Amy  
There were some seriously funny quotes in this -

 "I read the following: Three local girls arrested in connection with area-wide drug-distribution ring, caught en route to the Collinsville South High Prom.
"Your mother thinks we'll have news crews camped on our lawn," He said.
I was less concerned about that and more concerned that it was now forever in black and white that we had been dateless for the prom.”

 “Ginny yelled through her megaphone as we worked, telling us to view the trash we picked up as a gathering of all the souls we affected with our drug use. To see each piece as one more person who forgave us.
I picked up an empty box of adult diapers and wondered who that was supposed to be.”
  
Xor: The Shape of Darkness
I didn't expect to like this one as much as I did! Really funny!

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2) 
Evie is so funny!

 

Books that made me cry this year...


Temptation 
Oh dear me, the big event in this book is heart breaking.

If I Lie 
So sad in places.

 The Host (The Host, #1) 
The second time I've read it and it still had me in tears. Can't wait for the film!

2 comments:

  1. The Host!! I loved book that so much! :) And I'm afraid that the movie will be lame (I really disliked the Twilight movies...)

    Good luck with your reading and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the only one who didn't like The Host, to me it read like movie I had seen.

    Sorry!

    ReplyDelete