Friday, 23 November 2012

Book + Author Spotlight - Storm of Arranon by R.E. Sheahan


Storm of Arranon

Beneath Erynn's petite build, curly red hair, and startling blue eyes, lies a deeply hidden secret.If the truth about her were revealed, her life would be in danger. Her dream to be a fighter pilot would tailspin,crash, and burst into flames.
Jaer's wise brown eyes reflect his smoldering strength. An enigma, charismatic and moody, he is a physically powerful warrior who defends his world. A warrior afraid to love because of mistakes in his past.
When the presence of a marauding alien society is discovered on their planets, a struggle of life and death begins. Both Erynn and Jaer's worlds face annihilation.
A mysterious force plunges Erynn into Jaer's cold, dangerous, and beautiful world with its magical essence and living consciousness. Both the alien enemy and this strange inexplicable power purse Erynn.


Interview with the Author - 

R. E. Sheahan


R.E. Sheahan
 

Hi Robynn, welcome to the blog!

Hi Sarah! Thank you so much for inviting me.

When did you start writing?
Oh, wow. A long time ago. I remember as a kid writing stories—about horses. What else? I love horses, and dogs, and cats, all animals really. I just played around at writing until about eight years ago. I enjoyed coming up with different ideas and tucking them safely away in a file to do something with “someday”. But my writing became . . . hmmm, serious when two worlds and a certain redhead protagonist demanded to have their story told. The shift from writing once and a while to full time has been great fun and so rewarding. Besides, if I don’t write, the characters start yelling at me!

Can you tell us a bit about ‘Storm of Arranon’ and your Inspiration for it?
‘Storm of Arranon’ is about Erynn Yager, her struggle to safeguard her secrets, and to find where she fits in the world, or worlds. There are two, Korin and Arranon. Erynn has a parent from each. This is forbidden. The blending gave her  . . . abilities. Because of the remarkable talents children with mixed heritage possess, the governments of both worlds enacted laws making their existence illegal. When an alien society invades their worlds, though, Erynn may be the only hope for survival. Erynn is forced to make some difficult decisions in her journey. But it’s not all a battle to defeat the enemy. The unexpected happens when love finds Erynn.
I think my biggest inspiration came from Star Wars. Not necessarily my story line, but in Erynn’s innocence of what she is capable of accomplishing, the sense of adventure, and the basic good vs evil like Star Wars. 

What three words would you use to best describe ‘Storm of Arranon’?
Well, adventure of course. I think acceptance would be the next. Throughout the story, Erynn learns to accept who and what she is and embrace her differences. With this understanding, she is better able to undertake the challenges facing her. The last would be magic. Magic and the belief, or trust in mysteries that can’t be fully explained. 

Can you tell us a bit about Erynn and Jaer, the main characters in ‘Storm of
Arranon’?
I love talking about the characters! Clears throat.
Erynn is young, intelligent, independent, and spoiled to an extent. She was raised by her military father on Korin and didn’t have many friends. When the story begins, Erynn is in training to become an Interceptor pilot like her dad. Most believe it is her dad’s position, not Erynn’s qualifications, that have earned her this coveted appointment. Not true. Erynn has been described as ‘high ordnance in a small package’. So, she’s small. She has long curly, red hair and ice blue eyes. Oh, and she can sense emotions, bend time, manipulate the electromagnetic field around her, and see the future. Just thought I’d throw that in.
Ah, Jaer. Jaer is an Anbas Warrior on Arranon. In fact, he’s the leader of the Anbas, their Fayn, and the youngest Fayn in history. He is a physically powerful man and has long black hair he wears in the traditional style of Arranon, in a clasp called a cocha at the back of his neck. Jaer’s dark eyes conceal his own painful secret. A past he hides behind his professional role, being the best warrior he can be, until Erynn awakens a need for something more in his life.
Sparks do fly between these two. They’re stubborn. Both of them unwilling to believe love could be possible for either of them.
They were such fun to write!

Is ‘Storm of Arranon’ a standalone novel or will this be part of a series?
‘Storm of Arranon’ is a series. An ongoing story with all the same characters. Each book has a ‘satisfying’ ending but also a teaser leading to the probability of a continuing adventure.

Can you tell us about your other books?
Yes! Storm of Arranon-Fire and Ice will be released soon! November 2012! Yeah! The third book, possibly titled Storm of Arranon-Allies and Enemies, is in NaNoWriMo, (very rough draft) format and I have started the second draft. The fourth book, no title as yet, I am pounding out in NaNo this month. I’m having a lot of fun with book four! Book five is starting to coalesce in my mind. NaNo’s project for next year!

Can you tell us what you’re working on at the moment? (If you are)
I’m always working on something! Right now it’s book four during NaNo, then back to finish book three!

Other than your own, what are your favourite books?
I really enjoy Dean Koontz. Fear Nothing and Seize the Night are two of my favorites. I just finished listening to One Door Away From Heaven; I think I need to add that one to my list. I also like Nelson DeMille, Sue Grafton, and Stuart Woods. I’ve read many of the older Science Fiction and Fantasy novels. Eclectic, I know. I guess I just like to read.

Random Questions
-          What’s your favourite treat?
Oh, that’s easy. Cupcakes!
-          What’s your Favourite place to read/write?
Starbucks is fun, sometimes. I really got used to writing at the kitchen island with Parker playing Legos on the family room floor and the Disney Channel on in the background.
-          If you won the lottery what would you most look forward to spending money on?
I would share with my family and friends. Then I would definitely give to charities for kids and animals.
-          If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I might try spending some time in Ireland, but I think I’d want to live in the town where I grew up, Grass Valley, CA. I know, its not the same anymore, but I still like it there.

Thanks so much to Robynn for stopping by the blog!

 You can find her here:

 

4 comments:

  1. What an interesting cover -- and great interview too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! I really like this cover it's the first time I see it. I love learning about the inspiration behind the novels as well as the characters under the author's POV. I also love Dean Koontz and cupcakes so me and her would get along great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. Thanks for pointing out another great read.

    ReplyDelete