Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) Blurb (from Goodreads):

When a vampire asks cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse to use her telepathic skills to find another missing vampire, she agrees under one condition: the vampires must promise to behave and let the humans that are involved to go unharmed. Easier said than done. All it takes is one delicious blond and one small mistake for things to turn deadly.



Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 2 in the Sookie Stackhouse series, and this time Sookie is on her way to Dallas on an assignment from Eric who is loaning her out to a vampire in Dallas who wants to use her psychic abilities.
There’s a new threat in the form of the ‘Fellowship of the sun’ and Sookie meets someone with similar abilities to her. There’s also stuff going on back in Bon Tempts, when a Maenad decides to cause trouble with orgies and even murder.

This book opens with a dead body! But be warned the dead person in the book is not the same as the dead person in the TV show! You’ll have to read it to find out who it is though!
I liked this book, and the books really do seem better once you’ve watched the TV series, although I don’t think this one was as good as the first one, and I found it a bit dull in places.
I am looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series, and finding out what happens to Sookie and the gang next.
6.5 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the series. I read the first one, but I never continued with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too found it dull in places but it was pretty good. I can't believe who was dead and how it is diff in the show.

    ReplyDelete