Thursday, 4 October 2012

Fade by A. K. Morgen


Fade (The Ragnarök Prophesies, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):

What do you do when you realize nothing in your life is what you’ve believed it to be?

When Arionna Jacobs loses her mother in a tragic accident, her world is turned upside down. She’s forced to leave her old life behind and move in with her father. Dace Matthews, a teaching assistant at her new college, is torn in two, unable to communicate with the feral wolf caged inside him.

When they meet, everything they thought they knew about life unravels. Dace has intimate access to Arionna’s mind, and something deep within her fights to rise to the surface. They don't understand what's happening to them or why, and they're running out of time to sort out the strange occurrences around them.

Their meeting sets an ancient Norse prophesy of destruction in motion, and what destiny has in store for them is bigger than either could have ever imagined. Unless they learn to trust themselves and one another, they may never resolve the mystery surrounding who they are to one another, and what that means for the world.


Fade by A.K. Morgen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Fade (The Ragnarök Prophesies, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Curiosity Quills Press and Netgalley.)
19-year-old Arionna is still reeling from her mother’s death when she moves to live with her father and attend the college where he teaches mythology. The last thing she expects is to find her soul-mate the first day on campus.
Dace is gorgeous, with flashing green eyes, but there’s something strange about the way he can hear what’s going on in her head. The first time he touches her it’s electric, and when he kisses her it’s like nothing she’s ever experienced before.
Who or what is Dace though? Why is he such an expert on mythology? Why does her new friend’s boyfriend, Ronan, fill her with such fear? And what’s with all the wolves in the woods?

This was an interesting book, although I got a little confused when all the mythology stuff kicked in. There were a lot of names and different legends and I found it a little difficult to follow. Even having finished it I’d have difficulty trying to explain the storyline in that respect so I’m not even going to try.
Other than not getting the mythology stuff I enjoyed this book. I loved the gorgeous Dace, and the romance between Arionna and Dace was scorching! Admittedly there was no actual sex – just loads of writhing and moaning and stuff, but I really don’t think this book should be classified as ‘young adult’, it’s certainly not suitable for teens under 18, I would suggest.
I liked the soul-mate storyline, but was thankful that it wasn’t too overdone, and I liked the ‘wolf’ part of the storyline, although that also confused me a little at times.
Overall; and interesting book, with the best bit being the romance, not suitable for younger teens though.
6.5 out of 10.

Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Thanks for sharing :)

    - Ellie @ The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at mythology!!!! One more book to add to my ever growing list.

    Now I have to rush to netgalley and see if I'm luck.

    ReplyDelete